With international travel opening up, families have many more travel options for a rejuvenating vacation, such as SO Sofitel Hua Hin, a luxurious and contemporary family resort, in Cha-Am, Thailand.
In just a 2.5 hour drive from Bangkok, Cha-Am and Hua Hin have been a preferred seaside escape for Thai aristocrats since the 1920s, and are still among the top tourist destinations in Thailand.
SO Sofitel Hua Hin’s ‘Imaginative Escape’ concept
SO Sofitel Hua Hin is designed with nature and family in mind. Its 109 rooms, suites and villas are either SO Nature or SO Arty style, with full facilities such as rainshowers, MyBed™ with sleep menu for a fabulous night’s sleep, the latest cutting-edge technology sound system, complimentary Wi-Fi, and a complimentary in-room private bar.
Families can choose connecting rooms or an attached annex, and rooms that offer bunk beds, pool access, a private pool and an outdoor cabana. Besides these state-of-the-art amenities, you can also request for babysitting services to enjoy the other facilities.
SO Sofitel Hua Hin’s family activities and facilities
1. Kids Tent
Let your children play in the children’s clubhouse (Kids Tent), an air-conditioned space with safari styling and plush seating.
Kids can join in a led crafts activity, dive into the ball pit, play PS4 or Nintendo Switch games, or sit back and enjoy an age-appropriate movie. Activities tailored for kids include recycle crafts projects, kids’ yoga, and sand painting.
Outside, your children can run around in a purpose-built playground with slides, swings, and a rubber surface floors for ouch-less spills, while older kids can battle it out on the life-sized chessboard at the Rabbit Lawn.
Kids Tent is suitable for kids 4 – 10 years old (kids under 4 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian).
2. Signature Pool
Take a refreshing swim in SO Sofitel Hua Hin’s main pool with a large 16m by 60m watery playground anchored by a Wibit inflatable water pool adventure course running down the middle of the pool and overseen by trained lifeguards.
Parents with younger kids can relax at a dedicated 5m by 5m shallow kid’s pool area, near the SO Sundae poolside ice cream and snack bar, which offers light bites, dessert, and imaginative flavored ice cream.
3. SO Wonderland Adventure Golf
Embark on a family challenge at SO Sofitel Hua Hin’s magical forest-themed SO 18-hole Adventure Golf, a 3,600 sqm “enchanted forest” where golfers are sent on a mission to help Viola the Witch gather ingredients at each of the 18 holes to bring the stone animals back to life.
4. Sports facilities
Have a round of sports with your family at the multipurpose tennis and basketball court (free equipment provided), Pickleball Court, and a 2.2km cycling track (adult and children bikes are available for rent).
5. SO Explorer Guest Experience Programme
Explore the region’s natural splendors and local experiences with the newly launched SO Explorer guest experience programme. It features two nearby attractions:
- Khao Nang Phanturat (12 min from resort): This lush forest park named after the mythical giantess offers two trails – a 300 metre lower trail that takes just 15 minutes to complete, and a full 3.5 km trail looking out over limestone mountains and sparkling sea.
- Nayang Bat Cave (10 min from resort): Witness the amazing moment when over 2 million bats leave Nayang Bat Cave at sunset (Summer is the best season to visit Nayang Bat Cave).
6. Cycling trip to Tanot Noi Beach
Does your family love cycling? If yes, you should explore the beauty of Hua Hin on a cycling trip along a 16.5km bicycle route from SO Sofitel Hua Hin to Tanot Noi Beach.
You’ll come across a shrimp cultivation farm and Mysterious Beach, a hidden white sand beach where a herd of cows walk past every sunset.
Cycle past a coconut plantation nestled between sea and pine forest, and a rice farm, the only coastal one in the province, before ending your ride at Tanot Noi Beach.
Professional bicycles can be rented at Kids Tent.
7. Sun, sea sports and seafood!
With SO Sofitel Hua Hin’s beachfront, take your older kids on a fun ride on a Banana boat where up to six passengers try to hang on as the speedboat makes sudden spins and unexpected turns (up to 6 passengers), Sofa boat, an inflatable which jumps over waves (up to 3 passengers), or a Jet Ski to explore the tropical coastline.
Over every weekend, SO Sofitel Hua Hin showcases the region’s traditional livelihood with “Saturday Fisherman at SO”, a unique boat-to-table experience where a local fisherman from a nearby villa presents fresh fish, squid, crabs, and other catch of the day, sustainably caught fresh from the waters of the Gulf of Thailand, for chefs at White Oven and Beach Society to cook your chosen seafood according to your liking.
Every December, SO Sofitel Hua Hin also hosts SO Beach Fest, a celebration event of arts, craft beer and music.
8. Take a quiet moment to recharge
Explore SO Sofitel Hua Hin’s other activities and services such as:
- SO/ SPA: This quintessential spa experience combines Italian Modern Plant Chemistry™ skincare from Skin Regimen and ancient therapeutic arts with Asian wisdom products from YTSARA. Experience the power of ancient wellness traditions and new-generation skin care cosmetology, and the spa’s signature treatment – SO Bamboo Massage – a deep tissue massage to release tension with the use of natural bamboo sticks in different sizes.
- SO/ FIT: Located next to the spa, this 24h compact fitness center features state-of-the-art equipment from Technogym and a modern holistic approach to traditional exercise
- Yoga by the Beach: The morning yoga class is available at Beach Lawn every weekend at 8am. Yoga mats are provided in every guestroom.
- HI-SO Bar: chill with cocktails concocted by the bar’s master mixologist at this panoramic rooftop bar with your Significant Other.
Great family deals by SO Sofitel Hua Hin
SO Sofitel Hua Hin is offering several packages to provide you irresistable options to plan your next family vacation.
Family Fun at SO offers you room rates from THB 4,550++/room/night (available until 23 December 2022) which includes:
- Daily breakfast at White Oven for 2 persons
- THB 500++ Food & Beverage credit to be used at any outlets
- THB 500++ Spa credit to be used at SO/ SPA
- 50% discount on food & non-alcohol beverages at SO Sundae OR Kids’ activities at Kids Tent
Stay Longer and Save More enables you to save up to 30% discount for a minimum five night stay at a competitive price of THB 3,500++/room/night (available until 30 June 2022).
SO Explorer provides an unforgettable experience where you can explore the region’s natural splendours on a 1 day trip to explore Khao Nang Phanturat OR Nayang Bat Cave for 2 persons (1 trip/day). The price of THB 5,000++/room/night (available until 31 December 2022) includes breakfast at White Oven for 2 persons.
To start booking your family vacation, check out SO Sofitel Hua Hin now.
All photos courtesy of SO Sofitel Hua Hin.
Read more travel posts at julesthetraveller.com